The 5 G’s of a Healthy Church
*The first week of this series,”Go”, was about Jesus’ final words, the commandment to, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,…” We learned 3 requirements:
1. Know the message and its source
2. Be committed; be real disciples
3. Be faithful.
The second week of the series, “Gathering”, looked at Jesus’ statement, “For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them.” Why we gather:
1. God shows up
2. We gain a greater understanding of who God is
3. We are united in Christ
4. We are part of something greater than ourselves
5. We can do so much more.
The third week: “Growing”, “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” When we grow in faith we:
1. Go deeper in our walk with Christ.
2. Have genuine worship.
3. Display mature Christianity.
Week 4 of the series: “Giving”, “For if the readiness is there, it is acceptable according to what a person has, not according to what he does not have.” Tithing as worship:
1. Acknowledges that God is God, ruler over our lives, and the source of every blessing we enjoy.
2. Expresses our allegiance in a very personal and concrete way.
3. Manifests a heart overflowing with thanksgiving toward God.