Serve the Community
Academy Kids is here to help children discover their world as they learn to love God, themselves, and others in a caring, nurturing, and Christian environment.
Academy Kids Mesquite is a five-day program during the school year for children ages infant through Kindergarten.
Academy Kids also offers Before and After School Care Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We are a preschool for the whole family. As our students become friends, their families also become friends, making Academy Kids part of the family.
Academy Kids Offers:
- Low Teacher-Student ratios
- Individual Meet the Teacher Meetings at the beginning of the school year
- Daily outdoor play time
- Weekly Chapel Lessons and Bible Verses
- Christmas and Easter Bible story studies
- Christmas and Spring School Programs including all age groups
- All School Units (Texas Week, Rain forest, Outer Space, Under the Sea)
- Water Day fun at the end of the school year
- Celebrate Thanksgiving Feasts and Mother’s Day Teas as a school family
- Individual and Class Pictures
- Parent Conferences for all age groups
Please join us throughout the year in supporting Scouting with events such as Scout Sunday and the Eagle Scout Ceremony.
Once a week, FUMC Mesquite opens its doors to the Overeaters Anonymous program, with its Twelve Steps, the Twelve Traditions and nine tools of Overeaters Anonymous. Meetings are at 10:00 a.m. on Fridays, and anyone who wishes to join or just wants to see what we are all about is welcome to attend.
In Overeaters Anonymous, you’ll find members who are extremely overweight, even morbidly obese; moderately overweight; average weight; underweight; still maintaining periodic control over their eating behavior; or totally unable to control their compulsive eating.
Just 4 U Thrift Store
Our Thrift store, Just 4 U, is open Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., and Saturdays,
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., in the Education Building, Room 122.
Through the work of more than 30,000 volunteers, Kairos Prison Ministry brings the light, love and friendship of Jesus Christ into the lives of prisoners and their families. They learn they are forgiven, and they learn they are loved. It is truly a life changing, and often life saving experience.